Friday, May 04, 2007

Revisiting London Tube Map

I was in Corcoran Art Gallery to see the exhibit on Modernism. What caught my eye was Beckś Map of London Underground. Amazing isn´t it? Seeing one of the first creations of the thought process that highlighted the ¨nodes¨ and the ¨connections.¨ Thinking in ¨topology¨ - beyond the physical ¨map¨ and ¨territory¨ paradigm. It may be that with what´s going around me has something to do with it- power system networks, IT networks, and social networks. A context created that forces me to view the world from node and connections point of view. Nonetheless, worth chewing on that thought how our present and future are connected to how Beck saw the underground. Many Thanks to Jayashri, Dilant, Kaushambi, and Shushma for tolerating me throughout and making it such a fun day.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker