Saturday, April 28, 2007

Black Swan Effect

For those who spend a good part of their waking hours on risk management cannot avoid talking about "black swan" effects. Or what's called "high impact low probability events". But usually, since as human beings we do not have any problem with upside risks, we just care about downside risks. I have just begun reading "Black Swan" which seems to be an rivetting read. More on that later as I get along. I am taking the train from DC to New Haven, CT on sunday which will help me finish the book. While I was wondering about black swan effect, could not help thinking in various ways how black swans can be used as our advantage. Imagine if we had a business success model out of that. For giggles folks, here's a funny video that shows just that. Enjoy...


No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker