Sunday, June 24, 2007

China's Universal Cellphone Charger and Regulation

I bought a new cellphone last week. After some shopping around, I finally decided on Nokia N75. After one week, I must admit I am liking it a lot. But the most annyoing aspect is that I have to carry one more charger with me. When I travel, I have my blackberry, a laptop, an iPod, and my cell phone. Each has its own charger and so often do I stumble and freak out - just to keep track of each one. How many times have I wondered how nice it would be if there were one universal charger. No more becoming paranoid whether I have forgetten it in my hotel rooms or forgotten to bring them along.

The Chinese government has definitely heard from people like me and have come up with this regulation. Universal cell phone charger. How cool is that? When will US follow suit? How come Chinese ministry can think of such regulation. One possible reason may be that Information minister has a background in engineering. It is quite impressivee to see how many top leaders in Chinese government have engineering degrees. Who knows! May be that's the key to getting a universal charger. User convenience precedes over user captivity.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker