Friday, February 02, 2007

Alternate Energy

Although this whole area of of alternate energy and renewable energy is buzzing with excitement - I am not able to shrug off my skeptcism. I am still not see that the world's large turbine generator sets roaring with steam dumped from a 80 meter high boiler fading away into a technical museum any time soon. Nor can I visualize the skylines filled with windmills or domes of nuclear reactors. I don't see the numbers of demand and supply adding up. Let's say how many windmills will you need to supply New York?

Coal plants and gas plants may not be going away soon. I would urge on holding on to the coal stocks! However, renewable energy is not the same pipe dream like the "paperless office". It is a necessity. So, at least, we need to get started with all seriousness and leverage the benefits of renewable energy that will be in peaceful coexistence with the conventional generators. In other words - Hybrid power generation mix.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker